Are you captivated by Japan’s distinctive culture and unique traditions? Perhaps you want to gain a deeper understanding of their world before you explore the country?
Balancing thousand-year-old traditions and contemporary trends, the Japanese culture is known for its faultless etiquette, stunning natural landscapes and pop-culture. Its remote location as an island nation has made it one of the most fascinating countries in the world.
- Focus on core skills such as listening, speaking, reading and writing in Japanese, with emphasis on speaking
- Learn all three alphabets according to the level of the course (Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji + Romaji)
- Draw inspiration from a professional, fluent and passionate teacher
- Take part in a variety of interactive in-class activities to expand your understanding of Japanese
- Homework (optional, but recommended) for those eager to study outside of class
- Access to extra learning material in our online learning platform, Moodle
- Includes two-hour class each week (10 x two hour classes which totals 20 hours per course)
- Workbook with exercises, grammar and activities
- Supplementary learning material (such as paper handouts or homework)
View the current LOTE timetable here.
Why learn Japanese with us?
- You will be able to connect with over 120 million people in travel and business
- Build up confidence and local lingo prior to travelling to Japan
- A great addition to your CV and professional skills
- Fun, challenging and supportive learning environment
Important note for Student Visa students
This Programme is not Student Visa approved (Non-CRICOS).
10 consecutive weeks
Starting date will depend on your chosen level. Please view our 'Timetable' tab
No prior knowledge required for beginner. If you have prior knowledge, a placement test can be taken
One class of two hours per week
Language apps vs real-life
Online resources and mobile phone applications are a great introduction to the language.
However, you may unknowingly develop poor habits or incorrect pronunciation that can be difficult to correct if left for too long. Real-life classes can help you lay the proper foundations for learning the language and grasp a better understanding of the grammar and context behind what you are learning.
Apps are a great way for refreshing vocabulary and practice on the go, but if you want to truly learn the language and the culture that comes with it, these real-life classes are for you.APPLY NOW