(Non-CRICOS) This Programme is not Student Visa approved
Have you always wanted to learn how to surf? The Gold Coast is home to beautiful sandy beaches with crystal clear water - perfect for surfing!
- All equipment provided: board, rash shirts, leg rope, and wetsuits for winter months
- Private lessons (maximum two students) for quality instruction
- Nationally recognised and structured surfing lessons
- Lessons given by experienced surf instructor
- Instructors are fully qualified with ‘First Aid & Surf Rescue’ certificates
This is a one week Programme:
- Monday: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Wednesday: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Friday: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Skills and Strategies
- Learn how to catch and ride a wave
- Develop the ability to stand up on your board
- Increase your knowledge of Australian oceans and tides
- Grow your confidence in a popular worldwide sport
- Improve your fitness whilst surfing (think swimming, paddling and pushing up to standing position)
Mode of Study
Off campus at one of the Gold Coast’s most beautiful beaches, Burleigh Heads.
To be advised upon successful enrolment
Successful enrolment in our Intensive General English course (CRICOS Course Code: 099975D) and the ability to swim. No prior surfing experience is required.
2 hours per day, Monday to Friday
Important information for Student Visa Students considering the Surfing Programme:
Student Visa Students are not eligible to enrol ONLY in a Programme. Student Visa Students who are enrolled in the Intensive General English (CRICOS Course Code: 099975D) course have the option to add a Programme to their course, provided they understand and comply with the following information:APPLY NOW
- Fees: All Programmes incur an additional fee (please refer to Fee Schedule). They are not included in your Intensive General English course tuition fees.
- Class time: A Programme must be completed after the mandatory class time, or ‘face-to-face’ attendance requirement of 20 hours per week (4 hours per day).
- Self-study time: A Programme must be completed after the optional 1-hour self- study time per day.
- Free time: Students can complete a Programme in their free time.