Please familiarise yourself with our refund policy
Refunds will only be given in accordance with the following conditions:
In the following circumstances, students are entitled to certain refunds without written application. These are circumstances in which The Language Academy defaults.
- Should it be necessary that The Language Academy cancels a program, a full refund of all fees paid will be made.
- If the case arises that The Language Academy is unable to complete a program once it has started but before it is complete, a refund of any fees paid in advance will be made within 2 weeks of the date the course stopped being provided.
- If the case arises that The Language Academy is unable to complete the course because of a sanction imposed upon it, all fees which have been paid in advance will be refunded within 2 weeks of the date the sanction takes effect.
The granting of refunds is at the sole discretion of the Director and each application is carefully considered. Non-approval of a refund application is subject to our appeals policy contained in the student handbook.
In the following circumstances, students are entitled to apply for a refund. Applications must be in writing using the approved Application for Refund form.
Student default is defined as:
- The student withdraws from the course prior to the schedule course start date. The amount of refund depends on the amount of notice given.
- The course starts on the agreed starting day, but the student does not start the course on that day (and has not previously withdrawn) without an approved reason.
- The Language Academy refuses to provide, or continue providing the course to the student because the student has:
– Not paid fees that they are liable for
– Breached a condition of their visa
– Is subject to disciplinary or administrative action by The Language Academy.
If a student has paid any amount of tuition fees for their program, and at least 7 calendar days’ written notice of withdrawal is given, all fees minus a $200 administration cost will be refunded upon written application.
Where a student does not start a course on the agreed date (without notice) or withdraws, in writing, less than 7 calendar days before the start of the course, no refund will be given unless compelling or compassionate grounds exist. An Application for Refund must be made in writing.
Students who have commenced training and decide that they no longer wish to continue with their training program will forfeit their balance of fees held for that term unless compelling or compassionate grounds are evident and are outlined in the Application for Refund.
Student who have their VISA refused by the Department of Home Affairs will be refunded all tuition fees paid.
All refunds are made available directly to the person who paid the fees initially unless that person gives written direction to pay someone else. Please note:
- Any request for refund must be made in writing and once approved, payment will be processed within 28 days of receipt of written advice
- The application for refund, subject to visa refusal, must be supported with a copy of the visa rejection letter issued by the Department of Home Affairs
- Refunds will be remitted to country of origin in Australian Dollars
- The student must provide full account details (including SWIFT code, account name and account number).
- Refunds are not transferable to another student or institution
All fees must be paid and refunded in Australian Dollars.
This policy and the availability of complaints and appeals processes does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
The Language Academy dispute resolution policy does not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
Students must provide the following information to assist with the refund process:
- Bank account details where the funds will be debited
- Account name – must be in the name of the student
- Account number
- Name and address of bank
- SWIFT/ IBAN code
Refund Policy Complaints and Enquiries
Suite 14 | Level 1 Mermaid Plaza, 2378 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach QLD 4218
+61 7 5578 6838
ABN 71 612 127 161
CRICOS Provider Code: 03758G
Alternatively, please click here to read how to submit a formal complaint.