Please familiarise yourself with our Terms.
The Refund Form can be found at the end of the Terms and Conditions on this page.
Tuition Protection Service
The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) is a placement and refund service designed to assist overseas students when The Language Academy is unable to fully deliver their course of study. For more information about TPS, please refer to the Student Handbook on pages 47-48 or visit this link.
Refunds will be granted based on the following conditions:
- If The Language Academy cancels a program, a full refund of all fees paid will be issued.
- If The Language Academy is unable to complete a program after it has started but before it is complete, a refund of any fees paid in advance will be processed within 60 days of the course cessation date.
- If The Language Academy is unable to complete the course due to a sanction, all fees paid in advance will be refunded within 60 days of the sanction taking effect.
Refund applications are subject to the sole discretion of The Language Academy, and each application is carefully considered. Non-approval of a refund application is subject to our appeals policy contained in the student handbook.
- Students need to fill out the Refund Form below to initiate the refund process (if applicable).
- Any refund request must be made in writing, and once approved, payment will be processed within 60 business days of receipt of written advice.
- Applications for a refund, subject to visa refusal, must be supported with a copy of the visa rejection letter issued by the Department of Home Affairs and the Student’s GTE Letter.
- Refunds will be remitted to the country of origin in Australian Dollars.
- The student must provide full account details (including SWIFT code, account name, and account number).
- Refunds are not transferable to another student or institution without prior written approval.
- All fees must be paid and refunded in Australian Dollars.
Students will not be refunded in the following cases:
- Student visa refused prior to course commencement or cancelled during the course due to reasons within the student’s control.
- Enrolment cancelled due to a breach of student visa conditions or any illegal or unlawful conduct by the student.
- Student decides to cancel or withdraw their enrolment before or after commencement once the initial visa is granted and the student has arrived in Australia.
- The course starts on the agreed starting day, but the student does not start the course within the census period being 2 weeks from the enrolment date and has not previously withdrawn due to any compassionate or compelling circumstances.
- Student visa application withdrawal after the commencement of studies and while waiting for approval.
- Student visa refused or cancelled due to the student’s actions, including not fulfilling student responsibilities such as course progress or attendance or failing to adhere to the student code of conduct.
Student default is defined as:
- The student withdraws from the course before the scheduled course start date. The amount of refund depends on the amount of notice given:
– 20 Business days: 100% refund
– 14 Business days: 75% refund
– Less than 14 Business days: No refund
- The course starts on the agreed starting day, but the student does not start the course on that day without an approved reason.
- The Language Academy refuses to provide or continue providing the course to the student due to unpaid fees, breach of visa conditions, or disciplinary/administrative action.
If a student has paid any amount of tuition fees for their program, and at least 20 business days’ notice of withdrawal is given, all fees minus the administration cost and enrolment fees will be refunded upon application. The airport transfer fee is non-refundable for cancellations made 3 days or less before the scheduled transfer, except in the case of a visa being refused.
When a student does not start a course on the agreed date (without notice) or withdraws in writing less than 14 business days before the start of the course, no refund will be given unless provided with compelling or compassionate grounds, which is at the discretion of The Language Academy. An Application for Refund must be made in writing.
Students who have commenced their course and decide that they no longer wish to continue will forfeit their balance of fees held for that term unless compelling or compassionate grounds are evident and outlined in the Application for Refund. Students with a visa refusal by the Department of Home Affairs will be refunded all tuition fees paid except for all administration fees. Refunds are made available directly to the person who initially paid the fees unless written direction to pay someone else is provided.
This policy and the availability of complaints and appeals processes do not remove the student’s right to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws. The Language Academy dispute resolution policy does not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
Students must provide the following information to assist with the refund process:
- Bank account details where the funds will be debited.
- Account name – must be in the name of the student.
- Account number.
- Name and address of the bank.
- SWIFT/IBAN code.
An outline of visa conditions can be accessed at this link.
Refund for Accommodation Fee and Airport Pickup Service:
- The Accommodation Placement Fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- All refund requests must be done via our Online Refund Form.
- 100% refund for paid weeks of accommodation is given if the refund request is received 4 weeks or more prior to the student accommodation commencement date.
- 50% refund for paid weeks of accommodation is given if the refund request is received not less than 2 weeks prior to the student accommodation commencement date.
- No refund is given for accommodation if the refund request is received less than 2 weeks.
- Refund for airport pickup service will only be given if the cancellation request is received not less than 72 hours prior to student arrival.
Any costs associated with bank transactions, including but not limited to currency conversion fees, intermediary bank fees, and other banking charges, are the responsibility of the student. The Language Academy will not cover or reimburse any additional charges incurred during the refund process or related financial transactions
Additionally, please note that all refund requests can be charged a Cancellation Fee of $500, except for those related to students who had a visa refusal.
Refund Policy Complaints and Enquiries
Level 2 – The Oasis Shopping Centre, Broadbeach QLD 4218
+61 7 5578 6838
ABN 71 612 127 161
CRICOS Provider Code: 03758G
Alternatively, please click here to read how to submit a formal complaint.