(Non-CRICOS) This Programme is not Student Visa approved
Are you planning on taking the First Certificate in English (FCE) exam? Set yourself up for success with our FCE Preparation Programme. Familiarise yourself with the format of the test and complete sample practice materials to give you an idea of what to expect in the individual listening, reading, writing and speaking tests.
This FCE Preparation Programme is designed to get you ready for all components of the FCE exam and help you familiarise yourself with the structure of the exam with:
- Information and advice about task types and testing focus in order to achieve the highest possible results
- Regular practice tests, alone or with the teachers’ guidance
- Personalised feedback from experienced teachers, who are native English speakers.
- Tuesday 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Wednesday 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Mode of Study
On-campus: Suite 14/ Level 1 Mermaid Plaza, 2378 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach 4218
Exam Dates for 2020
- Friday 13th March 2020
- Tuesday 9th June 2020
- Thursday 27th August 2020
- Tuesday 1st December 2020
Up to 20 weeks depending on your visa and your current level of English (Public holidays and school closure periods are excluded)
Intake for 2019
Ongoing, every Tuesday
IELTS General Module score 5.0 or Upper-Intermediate level completion with a test score of 55% or higher.
Recommended Number of Weeks:
10 or more
Important information for Student Visa Students considering the FCE Preparation Programme:
Student Visa Students are not eligible to enrol ONLY in a Programme. Student Visa Students who are enrolled in the Intensive General English (CRICOS Course Code: 099975D) course have the option to add a Programme to their course, provided they understand and comply with the following information:APPLY NOW
- Fees: All Programmes incur an additional fee (please refer to Fee Schedule). They are not included in your Intensive General English course tuition fees.
- Class time: A Programme must be completed after the mandatory class time, or ‘face-to-face’ attendance requirement of 20 hours per week (4 hours per day).
- Self-study time: A Programme must be completed after the optional 1-hour self- study time per day.
- Free time: Students can complete a Programme in their free time.
Why choose the FCE Preparation Programme?
The FCE exam is part of a suite of general English examinations produced by Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). Within the five levels, FCE is at level B2 in the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference of Languages (CEFR).
The FCE exam is widely recognised in commerce and industry and can be a stepping stone to CAE preparation (C1 level) or may facilitate university entry in Australia.APPLY NOW